Proposal- Project Syndicate: The Flywheel of the Comdex Ecosystem

Note: for confusion as pointed out I removed the note about timeframe and engineers which Comdex is willing to provide to us to avoid confusion.

Hello,
I give the link on the governance of Harbor to help the discussion.

2 Likes

I am a bit worried about the “selling of votes”. For me it reads like you guys will offer a competitive APR for people willing to delegate their voting power to you and you will sell it to the highest bidder.

Reading like the one with the deepest pockets can buy enough voting power to get his desire for a governance outcome realised… And if so, then it is a very very very big NO for me…

To add to this; you do not foresee any route to obtain own engineers? Now / future scenario?

2 Likes

They can acquire it outright by buying harbor or votes directly as a broker the votes hold value which in theory without our service they hold little to none. To explain better, as of right now the only way to access VP is through buying token, lets say a protocol doesn’t want that risk but wants access to the liquidity and fees., they would rather bribe holders with their tokens to sway the votes to receive the incentives rather than buying and locking. This is beneficial for 2 reason, 1. more protocols are able to participate on a consistent basis, 2. Users are going to be able to choose which pays them more for their votes, which drives competition. I appreciate the concern that’s why I outlined it as a disadvantage. The vote buyer on wants control over emissions and votes to bribe deep liquidity. I hope to obtain engineers but they are hard to find especially proficient in rust, but it definitely on the order of operations for the future.

1 Like

Hidden Hand Bribe Marketplace Tutorial | Redacted Conservatory - YouTube heres a better in depth video of how it works

1 Like

Thanks!

Although I remain a bit sceptic (please don’t take it personally ^^) I appreciate your time and dedication to answer all the questions!! Thanks for that!

I fail to understand the votes for which you want bribes to be applicable. Are we talking about the “regular” governance system known to the chain? So proposals for HRBR and CMDX?

2 Likes

No worries, I appreciate the concerns. The bribe system is only applicable with VeTokens, Comdex tokens cannot be bribed and have no use of being bribes because they dont direct emissions. HRBR and cSwap only so far. Even if you are sceptic, its okay to have different views on the manner.

1 Like

Honestly, I have to see it work. Are there funds to get to a MVP?
Or is the grant already required for the development?

1 Like

Love this. I think its something that seems like a no-brainer when you look at how HARBOR reward emissions are curretnly designed. Will vote yes

1 Like

Funds will be mostly used to incentivise people to participate then will go to team and hiring outside engineers. The goal is to use the grants to keep people interested once the project is off and running obviously the fees from bribes will be use to build a treasury and that will be first used to help support the team before the dao is launched. I always stress this to people, if the team isn’t compensated the users won’t be or not will they have a working product to use. People have to compensated for their time and effort, or nobody wins nor will people work for free. As for MVP can you elaborate more?

The goal is to build the interface out for VeHarbor first for protocols able to bribe the veHarbor holders and links directly to the apps built on top of the protocol so the user can claim all their bribes at once. Also we will work on integration of cSwap as well.

It does work in the right form check out Convex, Stakedao, Yearn etc with VeCRV. They all are trying to gain voting power to bribe users goal is to have liquidity brought to the convex hub which in the instance now Will be hard but it’s worth a shot!

Tbh I’d prefer comdex don’t use their engineers and devs for third party apps. There’s still a ton to accomplish on the comdex side as well and they’ll bring more value completing the roadmap than working on experimental 3rd party apps. I think something like this would work better on a chain like Juno which has a lot of devs available

1 Like

Appreciate your feedback, though I agree with your concern. This application is not 3rd party it actually is an integration into Comdex apps and directly benefits the Comdex eco, Not like Skip or White Whale. Respect to both of those teams but it’s not the same.

I guess skip would be beneficial but they are asking for 1mm and we ask for a quarter of that

According to your website you guys are on 33 different chains? How much activity do your apps get on average in those chains?

Was this new topic unintended @SyndicateMike ?

This is based off that model. Which has been successful, Butterfly and Hidden hand have been a just as if not more successful than votium which only incorporates curve. I have nothing to do with Hidden Hand just a former user of the platform.

Accidental, there was a problem with my account so they had to approve me account a few times, accidental.

We are also in a low liquidity and leaving liquidity market, most incentive programs will go to zero mercenary liquidity is now incentivised to stay with bribes and locking to receive rewards, and users can now collect bribes on whomever is trying to incentivise liquidity or rewards.