Harbor Airdrop Clawback

GM, there are still 47 days to claim the Harbor Airdrop but it looks like that the veHarbor tokens claimed are just 25% of the Harbor claimed (which have been directly sent to the eligible wallets without the need to be claimed). Considering the fact that veHarbor tokens are significantly more than Harbor tokens (80-20) it means that the vast majority of eligible addresses haven’t claimed their veHarbor airdrop or completed any mission.
Instead of a standard clawback of the unclaimed tokens I think it would be better to share those tokens between the addresses which have completed all the missions (as early users of the platform) with a quadratic airdrop so that the “whale” addresses would receive proportionally less tokens compared to the smaller addresses.
Feel free to share any comment below.
Cheers.

Interesting thought!

It might be a little bit early to conclude this imo, since there is still so long to go.

Do you also want to keep the 25% of veHarbor in the wallets? Because history has shown that also these can be redirected.

The Harbor directly sent to the eligible wallets should not be clawed back, this should only apply to the veHarbor not claimed by completing the missions. Redirecting tokens already airdropped to private wallets is a bad precedent and it will stain the reputation of the chain.
The wallets which have completed all the missions have used cSwap, Harbor and Commodo and, as early users and supporters, should be rewarded with the unclaimed tokens.
I hope that the team will find a new use case for Harbor cause as it is, it’s not different from RAW which has been proven to be a useless governance and farming token.
My suggestion is to use staked Harbor as an APR multiplier for the CMST pairs on cSwap
i.e. you stake 1.000 Harbor and you get 1.1x of the APR
you you stake 5.000 Harbor and you get 1.2x of the APR
you stake 10.000 Harbor and you get 1.3x of the APR
you stake 15.000 Harbor and you get 1.4x of the APR
you stake 30.000 Harbor and you get 1.5x of the APR

1 Like

Redirecting tokens already airdropped to private wallets is a bad precedent and it will stain the reputation of the chain.

Thanks for saying this. And I totally agree with you.

Airdrop is for about 41 days open from here. And it might indeed be nice to re-airdrop the unclaimed parts to people who took the effort to do all parts of the airdrop.

2 Likes

@Skeletor @Leonoors_Cryptoman Thanks for all your suggestions. On the point of not clawing the Harbor sent to the wallets, I would like to say that it affects the harbor that is in supply and in turn the emissions, proposals, quorum, Harbor/veharbor ratio. If Harbor and veHarbor tokens have been airdropped to users but if they are inactive or not using the protocol, then we would need to claw it back since the airdrop is an initial means to reward users for using Cosmos ecosystem and being an ACTIVE part of it.

Yes for the early adopters of the protocol we will do allocate certain amount. However this drop wont be based on the fact that the initial tasks were completed but infact can be a surprise drop. We would want users to show continued support to the Harbor protocol and things like participation in governance voting, having an open ATOM/ OSMO / other assets as collateral position to mint CMST, can be taken into consideration.

Yes another part of the Harbor can be used to incentivize CMST pools and vaults. The team will have discussions regarding this when its much closer to the end period. Since there are 40 more days left to claim the Harbor token, its is difficult to predict anything.

It is indeed too early to draw conclusions, because the slowly changing atmosphere from massive bear to neutral might awaken a lot of people to claim their tokens again.

I think @Skeletor just wanted to give the heads-up already to monitor and to be prepared :slight_smile:
4 out of 5 tasks required an action, those can be easily clawed back imo, but the part which was airdropped to people anyway should remain with them I guess, since they have been given away and sort of transferred in terms of ownership.

1 Like

19 days to go and only 20% of the airdrop has been claimed so far. I think it’s worth discussing how to use the clawed back tokens. Let’s learn from Evmos example and don’t just put them in the community pool for the sake of it. Reward early users of the ecosystem who have taken the time to complete all the missions and who’re active in governance with that tokens.

1 Like

Less than a week, I would suggest to replicate Stride approach and re-distribute the clawed back tokens to the original recipients of the Airdrop. In Harbor case to the users who have completed all the missions and voted to at least X number of proposals on Harbor and cSwap.

2 Likes

Airdrop officially over, time to resume this thread.

The remaining airdrop tokens will be clawed back first and more communities which understand the tokenomics and working of the Harbor protocol will be targeted. This will add more new users to the protocol. A small percentage might be airdropped to initial users based on the governance voting.

please let us know approximately when we should expect official HARBOR listing

Not sure about the benefits of targeting more communities.
Harbor Airdrop was probably the one which targeted the highest number of communities in the history of Cosmos and less than 25% was claimed, I think that’s very telling.
People expected to receive dust and they didn’t even bother claiming.
More is not always better.
See what happened to Evmos after the clawback, let’s learn from others’ mistakes.

At least half of the clawed back tokens should go back to the original recipients of the airdrop otherwise it doesn’t make any sense having 75% of the original airdrop airdropped to communities which have little to nothing to do with Cosmos.

I’m curious about what will happen with the Harbor which is clawed back. Because governance participation is very low right now, I think it’s a very good idea to reward governance users with a bit of harbor and a bit more to Comdex stakers. The rest can be sent to the community pool for now. And it’s time to launch HARBOR trading on cSwap!

@8punt6 Yes rewarding users who participated in governance is something on our mind. However this number wont be big which @Skeletor has mentioned. The communities who understand the Ve(3,3) model will understand the mechanism and airdropping to those users will make sense. Currently we are discussing potential partnerships with these protocols and our building the required framework for them to come and mint on Harbor and be a part of the governance and running a protocol. One of the issues we felt is to educate the people the importance of the airdrop and why it is necessary for users to come lock it and participate in governance. Going forward we will also take this approach to educate them. And regarding Harbor launch, you will hear from us very soon. The team is working on the emissions and various listings at other places as well. All these dates are being planned first and will released soon.

1 Like

The ones in Cosmos who have understood the importance of the token will automatically value the Harbor token and if they want more voting power they will start accumulating it. For users who are not ware that we have similar model in Cosmos, we would like to bring them here. With so many recent news like the DYDX coming into the Cosmos, there has been an increased interest into Cosmos. We want to target these people as well and be the first movers to get those onboarded here. Having a similar model to Makerdao and velodrome finance does make it easier for those users to understand our model and move into cosmos

Curious to see how this plays out.

Indeed important to highlight the unique features Comdex offers to attract new inflow.
One time still consider is the UI/UX with respect to the various websites. I still believe it would be a good idea to consider finding a way how the interaction is visualised better for people to find their way around more easily.

2 Likes